The Hiatus

Hello to those of you who still check back once in a while! I’ve gotten a number of emails recently wondering about the comic and what the situation is looking like. I can say for now that the plan is the same as previously announced: once I graduate, I will spend some time this summer drawing Dovecote. There should be regular updates probably starting mid-June. This summer may be the finale of the comic, as I have another big comic project I’d like to get rolling, as well as a full-time job waiting for me in the fall. But I just can’t let Dovecote go without a good finale, so we’ll be back for a while at least! Hope this helps settle any doubt on what’s going on. Thanks for checking in on us!

1. Swampex says:

Thank you. I loved this comic I was sad to see it dissapear. Awesome news are awesome

2. chiwou says:

good news, is/was one of my favorite web comics

3. Xasswuwe says:

Thank you, Bridget! Be sure to keep us posted on where your art career takes you!

4. chris says:

Good deal, one of the best webcomics I ever read.

5. Nightlyre says:

Glad to hear the news. This is why RSS feeds are a good thing! I look forward to more of the comic, even in finale form – and I’m definitely looking forward to whatever you may bring us next. Take care!

6. Caitlin says:

Huzzah, and again I say, HUZZAH!

7. Laura Eliza says:

Yay! I’m looking forward to more of the comic, and hopefully reading anything else you do in the future. =)

8. Aerine says:

Hooray! I’ve checked daily just in case. It’s fantastic that you’re going to start back up in a couple months! Thank you! :D

9. dadman says:

Glad to hear that the plan is still a go! My daughter graduates in May, so I know how up in the air this winter must have been for you both. (Heck, I even remember my own Senior year, back during the Van Buren presidency…)

10. Threnodi says:

Aw, thanks for the update, and I’m glad you’re going to be giving this comic a conclusion– I’ll be sad to see it go, but I’m really glad at the idea of it getting a proper finish, it’s been a lot of fun!

Good luck with your future project too! : D

11. Rick in Mexico says:

So full of yays that I have to let one out. YAY!

• Rick in Mexico says:

Also, it’s nice to see that so many others have kept “Dovecote Crest” bookmarked through the hiatus and keep checking.

12. Rose says:

I’m really sad that Dovecote Crest will end, but I’m also really excited to see what you do next. :S I feel so conflicted!

13. Lizzie says:

Huzzah! I’ve missed you guys. Was JUST wondering when it would be back.

14. Katsuya says:

So glad to hear from you guys again! Hope these last few months go by for both you and Hailey with a minimum of stress, school being what it is! I look forward to seeing updates again! T-minus 2 months!!! :D

15. Latsi says:

Yay, news! And good ones, too – I’ll be checking back in June come what may. Was really missing the comic, and I’m glad it will get a proper ending. :-)
    Hm. RSS still doesn’t work with my Opera somehow. Good I checked the site anyway. Well, I’ll keep doing it on the old-fashioned way then – watching out for news manually. ;-)

16. Aww, I’m sad to hear the comic will end, I’ve been really enjoying it, and waiting for it to come out of hiatus.

17. Ghost says:

You know I really love this comic and I can understand the pressures of real life. I’m glad to hear about the regular updates, but I will be rather sad to hear that it will end. I wish you luck with your next project.

Even if I am secretly hoping that you might find the time to update irregularly and sporadically after the finale.

18. Bridget, hooray! Thanks for posting; I have been checking in now and again. I’m also sorry to hear that we’re looking toward a finale of DC, but I’m glad you’ll be bringing it to a close in your own way. And I definitely want to hear about whatever you’re working on next!

19. Crimson says:

I’m so glad its not going to just… stop. Can’t wait for more! Also, today is the anniversary of the last comic update! :3 Yay!

I’ll also be reading this new project you speak of. It’s destined to be AWESOME.

20. wynne says:

Hoooray!!!

21. xaviara says:

Yay! Can’t wait until June!

22. Aiii, you were the only webcomic I’ve know of that dealt with historical interpretation AND museums. Great stuff, and I’ll be sad to see you go (even if it’s “not my era”). I enjoyed the slight supernatural bent in a previous arch (having gone on ghost patrols at the Presidio of Santa Barbara and Mision La Purisima). Of course, we were geeky enough to want to meet someone in the hopes of asking them questions… (ok, maybe too much). I will enjoy your conclusion and miss your writing.
    quedo a sus ordenes,
    IV (his rubric)
    Francisco Carlos Martinez Rojas, cuera del Rey

23. Joshua O. says:

Yay, this makes me oh so happy, I’ve been checking in every few months for the past few years eagerly anticipating the comic’s return, been reading since month 1!

24. Jen says:

While I’m saddened by the thought of Dovecote ending (too soon!), I must say HUZZAH to it’s imminent return.

25. Illyria Lives says:

Seemingly random question: will we ever see Dovecote in print? I’d throw any amount of money down for the priviledge of keeping this comic with me wherever I go– wifi strength nonwithstanding.

26. hoopzzss says:

glad to hear you are planning this summer to work on this some more.

Comment¬