Whew! Okay.

So I’ve spent the day getting things roughly in working order here. Because of the need to do it so quickly, I’m just trying to imitate the old site pretty exactly – I don’t want to waste time trying out new design ideas yet. That may come later as I experiment more with the Comicpress code.

Things seem to be going smoothly, so to get the transition going I’ll post Thursday’s comic (which a lot of people probably missed because of the blocked site) on Saturday, and go forward with a new comic on Tuesday. If for some reason this doesn’t work, I’ll bump the new page to next Thursday. No later than that, though!

Site to-do in the meantime:
1) Hailey’s blog!
2) Transferring the archives over
3) Remaking all the other pages: extras, links, etc.
4) Fix the favicon

1. Rivsie says:

Made it from the old site!
    I really wish this one works well for you, cause it would be awful to lose Dovecote ;_;

2. Ivy Royalhouse says:

Whoa! Glad to finally be at this site.

I’ve been being redirected from y’alls site to google for a while, but I had thought that was because my iPhone had gone wonky. Well, I finally got fed up, got to a real computer and googled y’alls site, and saw all the warning advisories on your site being contaminated. And then down the list of everything infested…was a link here!

Happy to be back and happy to keep reading.

• Bridget says:

I’m glad you finally found us – sorry about that inconvenience! If you know people who read Dovecote, do spread the word about the new site! I don’t want anyone to get infected trying to visit the old one :(

3. Seanan says:

You are amazing ^^

4. Melanie says:

Heeey. I hope you can get this up and running soon!
    If you need any help at all, I’m willing to help any way I can.

I’ll even read 500 billion kazillion kazakstahnillion books on coding, if you need me to!

Good luck with the site. <3

If you wanna contact me, I’m on dA; my username is InvaderDawn. :)

5. Hailey! says:

Things to do, #5: Be amazing.

Oh, wait, you do that all the time.

6. Angelica says:

I’m so sorry for the horrible circumstances over you guys having to transfer over your comic, but I’ve gotta say that I’m glad that you’ve found a situation to this problem because I don’t know what I would do without Dovecote during the week. ^_^ Keep up the good work you guys!

7. Art_Usagi says:

I can’t believe how unlucky this was. I feel for you. I think I might have taken some time to cry in a corner, but you guys bounced back with all speed. It’s really incredible, and I salute you.

As one of the newest and most promising webcomics out there, dovecoat crest deserves much love. Maybe an award or five.

8. Ah, fantastic! So glad to have you back, and the new site will give you some autonomy! It looks great already, looking forward to more of your comic!

9. Tacho says:

Exactly what a good functional stduio apartment should look like. Just like a basement or an attic room, it is furnished with the type of things you can get from family or friends. Odds and ends .Things don’t have to match. You gradually replace things as you can afford them. A couple of personal items, jukebox, statue, etc, a place to eat, relax and sleep, What more could a person/pet want? Personally, I LOVE it.

Reply to Tacho¬