April 7th, 2009

Battlefields

1. Natalie says:

I’m tearing up!
    (I assume Charlie is too)

2. Sara says:

seriously, this is so sad. i never would’ve guessed that his brother would enlist with the union…it really did turn brother against brother. really gonna cry in a minute!

3. Sarah says:

That would NOT be fun to go through. So sad, however that was common back then for household to be torn apart by the war.

4. Sean says:

Did… did he just shoot his brother?!?! Ironic much? It’s so sad. :( *Goes off sobbing with Charlie close on my heels, I’d imagine.*

5. Redd says:

D: Please tell me /he/ didn’t just shoot his own brother. I can’t exactly tell though, was it the union solider next to the brother who got shot?

6. Jeff says:

This image is broken and does not display correctly on several different computers (XP, OSX) and several diffferent browsers (IE, FF, Safari, opera)

• Bridget says:

Hm. If you can’t see the image in any of those contexts, the problem may be on your end. I’ve viewed it alright on several different machines, operating systems, and browsers. I’ll double-check things to make sure, though. Thanks for letting us know!

7. Phenoca says:

Omg – it’s like. Scholarly historians vs. tour-guides.

8. Kuikui says:

I simply weishd to thank you so much yet again. I am not sure the things I might have achieved in the absence of those information revealed by you regarding such a area. It had become a daunting scenario in my circumstances, however , discovering the very specialised technique you resolved that made me to cry over happiness. I will be happier for this information and thus have high hopes you know what a great job you were putting in training people today by way of your blog post. Probably you haven’t met all of us.

9. I guess finding useful, reliable information on the internet isn’t hopeless after all.

Reply to Bridget¬