May 21st, 2010

Beckoning

1. John I.G. says:

Dun dun duuuun…

2. Rob says:

Wow.

This is one of the best pages ever! The lighting, the framing and ofcourse good old Ben being awesome!

3. Meg says:

eeeeeeeeee!

4. Caitlin says:

(sigh) This might be my favorite one, color-wise. Crazy how much you can do with just yellows and blues! Bellisimo!

This was totally worth the wait!

5. Sean says:

Wow, beautiful lighting! And that tree’s pretty different… is it important in some way?

6. Francesca says:

This coloring! You get more phenomenal every time!

7. aniaram says:

let’s hope Ben’s not important in this scene so he can go with the gost D:!

8. britvulcan says:

Wow. Just Wow. I’ve been a reader for some time now, and haven’t commented, but the art and simplicity of storytelling without dialogue this week drew me out of my lurking shadows. Bravo!

9. Eva says:

The colors are awesome, and I love the little family on the picnic blanket watching the battle in the second panel. Also, I love the gnarly-looking, twisted-up tree beside the ghost in the (what is it?) 8th panel (I think). Gah! The suspense is killing me! Ben, quickly go after the ghost and find out what it wants!

10. Wynne says:

Amazing! Go with him, Ben!

11. Tig says:

WOW! This page is sooo beautiful!!

12. Elwen says:

Oooh, a twisty-tree! I wonder if that has any plot…twists? Haha, punnnn XD

13. Elena says:

If that’s not a ‘come hither’ look, I don’t know what is..

14. Jill says:

That second to last panel. That should be your new banners for the site. Totally. The who page is so beautiful! I love the way that you did the sunset. :)

15. Jen says:

I love Ben’s grim-but-determined expression in panel 6 as he looks over his shoulder. It’s so awesome how much of the reenactment scenes could be part of a period piece.

Also, does anybody else think the shortish kid (woman?) in the first panel, with the glasses and the cropped hair look a little like that one character in The Incredibles, the one who created their superhero suits? I know it’s totally random but that’s the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Also loving elderly mustachioed man. :)

16. Jen says:

OH! You know what else? I don’t know if this was done on purpose or if it’s supposed to be just dust and smoke in the sunlight, but the ghost and the twisty tree totally looks like they’re surrounded by orbs! Time to call in TAPS!

17. Molly says:

…is it just me or does that little person in the first panel with the glasses and bowl haircut (next to the guy with the binocs) look like Edna Mode? O.o

This page looks great, by the way–I love the lighting and the overlapping panels!

18. Patty says:

Oh no! Watch out for the smoke monster people in the first/second panels! Sorry, too much Lost lately. Anyway, beautiful page. I love that tree in the second to last panel.

19. Rachael says:

is it mode or mole? haha i thought she looked too dull to be edna though haha maybe more…………. legend of bill, bill turned girly! ish…

20. Rachael says:

and the old guy looks like jane’s dad, only taller… from tarzan?

21. Mercy says:

Enter the ghost. Perfect dramatic timing.

22. Sarah says:

I ADORE this comic so much…not only is it perfect for history geeks, but it’s visually beautiful. I just read through the entire archive and I can’t believe how far it’s come. Wow. A +++!
    Also, just a suggestion…I went to a reenactment recently and was close enough to the action to hear the guys goofing off, particularly Monty Python-style. It’s just a flesh wound, I’m not quite dead yet…it reminded me of something Ben would do. :)

23. Jeanette says:

I love the twisted tree!

24. Danielle says:

omigod the layout is beautiful!

Reply to John I.G.¬